Hep B Free Philadelphia “B A Hero” Photo Scavenger Hunt Contest 2012
Go places! Take photos! Raise awareness! And WIN PRIZES!!!
Hep B Free Philadelphia and Hepatitis B Foundation invite you to play the “B A Hero” Photo Scavenger Hunt! Three tiers of winners will be selected each week over a two-week period. You can win prizes for going places and finishing tasks, for taking photos that prove to be popular in the social network, or for creativity that are truly artistic!
Hepatitis B is a serious infection that affects about 2 million people in the United States. About 1 in 10 Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders are chronically infected—with African immigrants approaching a similar ratio as well. About 1 in 4 of the chronically infected individuals will die of liver cancer or cirrhosis.
Many infected individuals are not aware of their status because hepatitis B usually doesn’t produce symptoms for decades, and when the symptoms start showing it is often too late for treatment—it is a silent killer! The best way to find out is to take a simple blood test.
So put on your Hep B Hero t-shirt and go proudly around the city of Philadelphia to raise public awareness for hepatitis B.
- Form a team of 1 to 3 people and register through www.bfreephilly.org.
- Choose between the week of 3/19-3/25 and the week of 3/26-4/1 to play.
- Visit places and finish tasks as instructed.
- Take photos and submit them
Your photos will be uploaded to Facebook for voting the following week. The individual or team that receives the most “likes” in a given week will win one of the three prizes. So get your friends to “like” your photo!
- Skilled Hero: Visiting the most locations and completing the highest number of tasks within the shortest time period.
- Popular Hero: Receive the most total “likes” from facebook users for the photos uploaded.
- Creative Hero: A panel of judges evaluates the photos submitted a picks one winning photo each week.
Help us raise awareness by registering for the “B A Hero” Photo Scavenger Hunt!
For more information about hepatitis B, please see the factsheet
For the official contest guidelines, please click here
Register for the contest now by sending your full name, email address, and the names of up to two additional teammates to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Please contact Hep B Free Philadelphia program manager Daniel Chen at Daniel.email@example.com